Site Finished so far. Any last comments.........

The GnoMe 22:29 02 Dec 2003

...........before i show my father?

You all helped me so much in designing it click here

I took on board all your comments and Taran was very helpful, isnt he always!!!

It is now on its dedicated server click here

It does need some legal tweaking but my father can do that.

My question is, is it good enough to show him and get his approval? Or is there any big boo boos i have made?

As before please be as truthful as you can

IClaudio 23:25 02 Dec 2003

Why not links from 'Learn about us' and 'directions to our offices '?

Forum Editor 23:26 02 Dec 2003

you've made a nice job of the site, and I'm sure your father's going to be delighted. Before you show him however:-

1. On the 'about us' page I suggest that you revamp the text as follows - there's no point in making a long sentence when a shorter one will do:-

"Robert Bingham has over 30 years experience in private practice, and during his career he has conducted a wide variety of cases. Robert provides help and assistance with all aspects of domestic and commercial conveyancing and with most other legal problems. He will provide a friendly and practical legal service at a reasonable cost."

2. "Robert is supported by a small and experienced team who is on hand to help." is grammatically incorrect. It would be far better as:

"Robert is ably supported by a small but experienced team."

A team is a singular entity, so your sentence should be: "Robert is supported by a small and experienced team which is on hand to help." It can be assumed that the team is on hand to help however, otherwise why would it be there? You don't need to say it, and I recommend that you change to my suggested text.

3. Your final para would read better as:

"For more detailed information about how Robert can help with your legal requirements, please complete the form on our contact page."

4. On your contact page the link to your privacy policy must be at the beginning of the form, not at the end. People must see it before they start to complete the form.

Your privacy page must allow visitors to opt into your policy, you mustn't make opting in a default (as you have). The normal method of doing this is to provide tick boxes:

"Please tick here if you consent to our periodically contacting you by email with marketing information which we believe may be of interest to you".

"Please tick here if you consent to our sharing your personal information with third party organisations who are our business partners. These organisations may, from time to time, contact you with information which they feel may be of interest to you".

There are other issues regarding your privacy text, but there's not sufficient space/time to go into them here. No doubt your father will revise the text as he sees fit.

IClaudio 23:29 02 Dec 2003

and why does the 'smimage.gif' jump around so much as you go from page to page?

IClaudio 23:33 02 Dec 2003

"...a small but experienced team."

I'd use '...an experienced team' ;)

Sir Radfordin 23:45 02 Dec 2003

One small thing (and not sure how I spoted it but there we go) but if you go to the About page and hover over the about tab it remains in place. If you go to one of the other tabs, services for example, and hover over the services tab then it doesn't stay but switches to nothing.

The GnoMe 07:13 03 Dec 2003

F.E thanks for the input ill get onto it this afternoon
IClaudio
that is a little problem i have, all the pages are built from one template i made, the graphic smimage.gif, does not jump around from page to page when i view with mozilla, mozilla firebird, opera, or netscape nav. only in internet explorer, why is this as the pages are all the same?

Sir Radfordin

cheers for spotting that, an oversight on my part, its sorted now

IClaudio 10:24 03 Dec 2003

>>why is this as the pages are all the same<<

Are they? the text in each page is different, and that is affecting the width of the tables you're using. For example, the table on the first page is 983px wide, that on the Contact page is 828px wide.

Good luck
Tony

The GnoMe 11:03 03 Dec 2003

i have set the graphic on each page but why is it fine in all my other browsers exept internet explorer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?