Site finished-again

steve263000 07:00 24 Mar 2006

Well, I have revamped the small site that I have been working on for some time again. It started of just with the idea of putting a book on our family history that my relatives had researched up to the web. Simple I thought. I had a disc wikth the details on, so just open up the word documents, save as web pages, and up they go. Not so simple at all was it? I have tried NOF and that did not work for me as anyone who has answered my other queries would have known. So back to FP again. The site is click here Please be gentle, as this site is mainly for family members and will not get huge traffic. However I would like to know the views of anyone who is interested.

Forum Editor 18:41 24 Mar 2006

is that they are fascinating for family members (and sometimes close friends). Apart from that, they're of little interest to the world at large, and it really doesn't matter if they're lacking in a few of the more sophisticated lights and stripes that adorn sites aimed at a large audience.

Your site has masses of content, and I can imagine everyone in the family will enjoy the fruits of your labour. The navigation isn't exactly intuitive, and a 'home' link on each page would help enormously, but otherwise I would just leave it as it is - an enjoyable and informative place for your relatives to learn about their roots.

steve263000 04:20 25 Mar 2006

For the responses. The map on the index page will eventually be a image map, and is in fact the first page of the book that my relatives have printed off. So I will have to take my chances on that one.

The naviagation has a home link on each page, it was just the fact that I uses Xara as the main menu, and used the same menu on each page for simplicity.

But thank you anyway for the comments, I just hope that the family will find it as useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?