site download

podlod 07:08 20 May 2008

Hi, I have never bought anything from the internet where you have to download something, but I wish to buy a photo manipulation download for the first time.
What places me in two minds to do this is for an example, if my PC crashes say 6 months later (which it has done in the past) is it easy enough to retrieve the download?, and are they reliable in the first place. thanks for any help.

Technotiger 07:11 20 May 2008

I have downloaded many paid-for programs, and have never had any problems. Of course, my PC is 'protected' by having Acronis True Image back-ups on an external hard drive - though, touch wood, I have never needed to resort to using the back-ups.

BT 08:38 20 May 2008

I have bought several pieces of downloaded software. I always save them in my Downloads Folder which is then backed up to CD/DVD on a regular basis. Larger programs are saved off individually onto CD.
You should always register the software as most of the providers will let you recover the software if you should lose it throgh a computer failure.

jack 08:44 20 May 2008

Simply burning the programs just as it came in[unintalled] onto a CD together with your release code[as recieved in E-mail] would be enough .
Even if you did not do that, losing the programs and starting over is easy enough- simply download it once more then mail support for the release code to be repeated is common- they refer to you by your E-mail address as a cross check.
Better yet of course[As I do] An external Hard Drive- all my downloaded stuff and release codes are there

podlod 10:53 20 May 2008

Hi, thanks for all the advice, I feel more relaxed regarding paid downloads, Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?