The Sims : Please help

Forget-me-not 18:51 08 Jan 2003
  Forget-me-not 18:51 08 Jan 2003

I bought The Sims on PC CD-Rom for my kids,for Christmas but it seems to be a foreign copy.

The problem is that whenever the little people talk they speak an odd language I'm not familiar with.I speak a little French and German and it's definitely not that.

I was going to take it back to the shop but the chap next door (Bill) said I'm unlikely to get a refund because of people copying games and returning them.

Does anyone know how to get them speaking English as my children have started imitating them now and have learnt a little of the language...there must be a command for it SOMEWHERE!!

Cheers in anticipation.

everythingsuk 19:07 08 Jan 2003

its called simmish!!
it helps THE SIMS function without having to provide lingusitic abilities, they jus say random phrases in their own little language, this format has been followed in the sims PS2 edition and sim city 4 (when u get to see them).

its suppose to also be entertaining.. u get help bubbles when u need to know something other than that no english it would need like a 600 gig file! lol

everythingsuk 19:08 08 Jan 2003

didnt mean the hahaha to sund nasty - its jus i have all the sims games! luv em! so i thought it was kinda cute u were expecting english!

steve

Forget-me-not 19:18 08 Jan 2003

But my children seem to understand it!

Elvis (3) can ask for Rusks and to go potty and Fifi-Tinkerbelle (7) uses it all the time,even at scholl so says her teacher (Mrs Evans).Is there some sort of translater available?

I'm at my wits end

Cheers.

Elrond 13:01 09 Jan 2003

I really don't thnik it is an actual language. Your children are quite clearly making it up and garbling out anything that sounds similar to what the Sims may say. Stop worrying about it, they are just SIM-ulating the game. They love it that much they're pretending they're playing during the day.

nightporter 13:39 09 Jan 2003

ELVIS GIBSON?????????

BlueMeanie 21:39 10 Jan 2003

Hi

My two children aged 14 and 20 have been using the SIMS for over two years and are now fluent in Simerish..........

However it has kept them and their friends quite and entertained.

Regards

Border View 00:35 11 Jan 2003

I too thought I had been given a "foreign" edition. I thought they were speaking german. Looked all over the place for a British setting. All in all though I think its just like rhubard rhubarb. Watch out for the ghost who whistles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?