The Sims House Party Refusing to Install

NChick 21:28 01 Apr 2007

Hi. My prob is as follows...

I first installed the Sims. Then, I installed House Party. Then I acquired Livin it Up, so I uninstalled both The Sims and House Party in order to install everything in the correct order - i.e the Sims, Livin it up, House party, but that I've got Livin it up, House party refuses to install, saying that it's already there! Argh! I've backed up all my sims so I should be able to restore them, but of course they're all using "house party" objects so I need to install House Party to get my maxed out cooking skilled sims back! Anybody got any ideas? (apart from me reaching into my monitor and crushing the little S.O.Bs with my bare hands)?

Totally-braindead 21:42 01 Apr 2007

Found this click here and theres no mention of Livin it Up.
Now I found Livin it Up on Amazon and its for win98, could this be anything to do with it?

I also wonder if its not listed on the EA Games website because they perhaps discontinued it and perhaps its part of the House Party expansion you have.

If you don't get an answer my only suggestion is contact EA Games by Email and ask as it should have been listed but isn't.

NChick 21:50 01 Apr 2007

Livin it up is the first expansion pack for The Sims, and House Party was the second. I've tested the install on my laptop (Win XP Home as opposed to the desktop's Win XP Pro) and it works no probs.

The House Party and Livin it up installs worked seperately with my xp pro machine but not together. Is this a compatibility issue with pro or have I missed something?

Totally-braindead 23:41 01 Apr 2007

I wonder why its not mentioned on the EA games website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?