The Sims 2 strangeness

NChick 21:34 04 Jun 2007

Hi. I've had several problems with the Sims 2. One time I reloaded a lot only to find all my Sims were frozen mid party (the stereo was playing, the game wasn't paused and the time wasn't advancing), another time a Sim got stuck helping with a party (he and other Sims could cue interactions but he wouldn't budge), and a recurring problem is a maid or similar getting called to a lot and getting stuck, most of the time invisible (their name appears in the SimVac, etc, but they're not on the lot, don't do their job, and can't be rehired). All these problems bar the last have been fixes by moving the Sims out and then moving them in again (expensive). The last problem can be fixed this way, but it only happens again. Any ideas? I've installed the 2.2 patch and it makes no diff.

Devil Fish 22:09 04 Jun 2007

have you downloaded any content especially houses and lots some of them have hacks or modifications in them which can upset your game

NChick 09:59 05 Jun 2007

I've downloaded some walls and floors, and yesterday a couple of outfits, but no houses or lots.
I do have the CEP but these problems occured before I used this and the custom content that required it.
Any further ideas?

badhair1963 09:20 06 Jun 2007

Try moving your "Downloads" folder (found in "My Documents") to your desktop and then load the game. If that doesn't work, move the whole "Sims2" folder (found in the same place) to the desk top and restart the game. This forces the game to recreate fresh content.

If you have any custom downloads, try moving them back one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

NChick 13:45 17 Jun 2007

I won't lose any of my Sims or houses, etc, will I?

A-Nonymous 13:52 17 Jun 2007

If you do move the downloads folder back to my documents.

NChick 18:03 24 Dec 2008

Okay, I know it's an old post, but I think these problems have been fixed (they certainly haven't occured in ages), and the Bon Voyage exp. pack also seems happy :)

Thanks to all for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?