Simple Query

ribo 15:22 20 May 2003

Hello , I realize that this may seem a futile question but someone may know the answer.
I have recently changed my computer. On the old one,whenever I put a cd in either drive there was a little "Symbol" of a disk spinning, which told me that the drive was going to work. On this new computer,all I get is the usual hour glass and you just have to wait,hoping it will produce something.
I hope you will excuse such a mundane question.Thanks in adnace, J

MartinT-B 15:28 20 May 2003

:0

I have 98SE at work (combo DVD/CDR-R/W) and get an hour glass.

I have XP Pro at home, and here it gets MAD!

When I put a DVD in the DVD drive I get a spinning disk. When I put a CD game in the DVD drive I get an hourglass. When I put a Music CD in the DVD drive I get an hourglass.

When I put a Music CD in the CDR-R/W I get a spinning disk and finally, when I put a CD Game into the CDR-R/W I get a spinning disk!

woodchip 15:29 20 May 2003

If you go to Control Panel you can change these, under Mouse/Pointers. You may have had Microsoft themes on your other computer

woodchip 15:31 20 May 2003

PS you can load themes from the Add/Remove\Windows Setup

ribo 16:03 20 May 2003

Hello Martin, Its me again with my new computer!!

Hello woodchip. I cannot find anything like a spinning disk in the mouse settings. I do not think that I could have had microsoft themes on my other computer,as I put windows XP on it myself. Thanks for you help J

ribo 11:46 22 May 2003

Thanks for your help. I guess,I shall just have to be content with the simple hourglass. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?