Simple one page website required - how

spot the braincell 15:42 01 Aug 2006

Following on from my previous post I also need to create a simple no fancy graphics one page website. It will only be required to carry a couple of adverts from an affiliate scheme I'm joining and have a bit of text on it. What's the simplest way to proceed?

ewebber 16:20 01 Aug 2006

have you tried using dreamweaver - the tutorial can help you create a simple site, and if you use the code and design view it will start to get you familiar with what the code means

spot the braincell 16:34 01 Aug 2006

cheers ewebber, but I don't have dreamweaver and in the time honoured fashion I was not planning on investing a great deal. Can I just get a simple blank template from somewhere and edit it without any proprietary software.

ewebber 16:46 01 Aug 2006

you can download a 30 day trial of dreamweaver from the macromedia website. Otherwise for very simple web editing you could try their stripped down version 'Contribute' - again i think this has a free trial on the macromedia website and to buy is a fraction of the price.
Other than that you can always try copied code from a site you like the look of and adapting it to your site, or try typing html template into a search engine and seeing what comes up - there are loads of free tutorials out there.

ade.h 17:19 01 Aug 2006

If you're new to website design, it will take you longer than 30 days just to get used to the basics of DW. (Trust me!)

You would be better to source a free copy of Serif WebPlus (not a favourite of mine at all, but it is simple) or perhaps NOF8 (which is a favourite of mine, but takes longer to learn). click here

Be prepared for the fact that, unless you are naturally quite talented, your first effort will look pretty bad, but it gets better from then on!

beynac 21:45 01 Aug 2006

For a simple page, you could use MS Word, save it as HTML and then upload it to your website. Not a very good way to produce web pages but it would be the simplest method for what you describe.

beynac 21:48 01 Aug 2006

The menu item for Word is 'Save as Web page...' not 'Save as HTML'. Sorry!

djbenny 11:17 08 Aug 2006

you could find the html codes for these affiliate's and put them in a <html><body> put codes here</body></html> tags?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?