Similar to Incredimail

spuds 12:53 24 Feb 2007

I have just set-up a new computer, and made several attempts to download Incredimail. Downloads okay but I appear to be making a hash with the configurations to my ISP, so unable to receive emails direct.Incredimail seems to think the problem is with ZoneAlarm that I have installed.

Is there a similar programme to Incredimail, preferably freeware, available as a download so that I can try that out.

Technotiger 12:59 24 Feb 2007

Hi, I think Incredimail is fairly unique, I would advise you to try sorting your Server configerations. If you have been using Outlook or Outlook Express for your emails up till now, you should be able to automatically import the settings from Outlook or OE into Incredimail. The built in wizard should do this for you. I am a very big believer in Incredimail, would not use any other.

Technotiger 13:02 24 Feb 2007

PS - have just realised you have said 'new computer'
so you probably don't have setting to import from Outlook Express.

I would suggest therefore, that you first set up a email account with Outlook Express, send a couple of test emails to yourself when set-up, and if all works ok, then you should be able to set-up Incredimail as above.

birdface 13:06 24 Feb 2007

Close zone alarm,Then try it again.

spuds 13:12 24 Feb 2007

I go along with the 'big believer' of Incredimail, been using it for ages on another computer, thats why I cannot understand whats happening now.

Regarding the wizard, I set the first download with this. Uninstalled Incredimail, and re-installed but the wizard hasn't appeared. I know from past experiences that certain parts of Incredimail remains 'hidden' after uninstal, and further downloads use this previous information, which I guess is why the wizard hasn't appeared?.

Error messages seem to suggest that it is ZoneAlarm causing the problem, plus 'unable to locate POP3'.

I use to know the method of completely removing Incredimail, but I have since forgotten the method.

VoG II 13:15 24 Feb 2007
  spuds 13:15 24 Feb 2007

Tried closing ZoneAlarm, but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Will look at the Outlook suggestion.

SANTOS7 13:17 24 Feb 2007

click here
remove

click here

configure

birdface 13:18 24 Feb 2007

Hi you have to make it your default mail Browser.Tools,Options.Make sure it is the Default e-mail client.Should have asked.If you have Norton switch it off.

Technotiger 13:31 24 Feb 2007

If ZA is causing the problem, I would suggest that you download Kerio Personal Firewall, free Full Version trial period of 30 days, after that it reverts to free version, which in my opinion is better than ZA anyway (I use the paid-for version of Kerio) Unlike ZA, Kerio works automatically.

Download Kerio, then go off-line to uninstall ZA and install Kerio, then get back on-line and try Incredimail again.

SANTOS7 13:45 24 Feb 2007

I have incredimail and zonealarm on my pc and they have always worked well together..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?