SimCity4: Rush Hour - installation difficulties

andywolve 14:47 02 Jul 2004

Hello everyone!!

I have recently bought the expansion pack for sim city 4. As soon as it gets to 10% on installation (simcity_2.dat) it throws up an error "Unable to locate required file or required file is corrupted". As soon as this arrived, i phoned technical support, I told them what had happened, and the technician, said to put the game onton the hard drive and retry on the installion, and said to ring up if it happened again. I did that, and the problem came back, i re-telephoned them, tech man, said that it was the CD. I e-mailed Amazon.co.uk, explained the situation, within 5 minutes they replied and said that they will be dispacthing a new copy for me.
I just recieved the new copy, I started to install, with my fingers crossed, and as soon as it hit 10% it threw up the error. I re-tried the tech support, they said to put the CD onto the hard drive and run the installation from the hard drive. Yet again we said our byes. No luck again. I telephoned them again, and the gentleman started to help me by seeing if there was some entries in the registry, stopping installation, checked up on startup programs, virtual memory, and how much free space i had on my computer. Also he recomemmended updating drivers...
So far I have upgraded the virtual memory, stopped all starty up prgrams, freed up space on my computer was 1.6GB, now 3.36GB, at the moment i am updating drivers, (however at the moment, there has been no success in the story)
I even uninstalled it, and re-installed it, no luck!. To free up some space on the C drive (windows drive) i moved the simcity4 on to D:\ drive, no luck there!!
Is there any one who has had a similar problems, and can you please HELP ME!! and I am not complaining about teh technical support i have recieved so far, because, all operators, were helpful, and cheerful, to me.#
By the way the computer runs WInXP HOME.
Thanks Andy

Lozzy 15:42 02 Jul 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?