A Silly Question about Unzipping.

spuds 22:49 29 May 2004

I have a number of programmes that require unzipping, and I have forgotten the procedures. Can you please give advice. Could you also suggest a good [possibly free] unzipping download.

Thanks in anticipation.

VoG II 22:52 29 May 2004

Windows XP will do this without any other program - just double-click.

There are free programs but I recommend WinZip click here - free trial.

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:54 29 May 2004

If you're using xp this seems to have it's own facility to unzip, double clicking the file does it for me.

As for a free download, try 7-zip (I think click here) this is often touted as the best freebie.

HTH

Tas

BBez 23:01 29 May 2004
  tasslehoff burrfoot 23:02 29 May 2004

should have said -

Winzip is available on a free trial which is timelimited but you can just start over again infinitely (legally).

HTH

Tas

spuds 23:03 29 May 2004

Thanks both for the prompt response. I have XP Home, and I tried the double click,and nothing seemed to happen. I thought that I had forgotten something due to fuzzy brain syndrome.Have to give it a few more tries!.

christmascracker 23:10 29 May 2004

Try right click then extract all

spuds 11:28 30 May 2004

I think my original problem was via my downloader programme 'Get Right 5.02'.

Tick as resolved, and see how we go.

Pesala 13:04 30 May 2004

Please note the following:

You may try the evaluation version of WinZip 9.0 free of charge for a period of 21 days.

After the 21-day evaluation period, a license fee is required for continued use.

click here

7-zip is said to give the tightest compression by a good margin. IZarc (freeware) click here is also very efficient. PowerArchiver is a very similar interface to IZarc. click here for latest free version of PowerArchiver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires