Signal cable disconnect

dangerusone 00:48 18 Aug 2006

Pal of mines computer will not boot up, I don't know the details of his system apart from the fact he uses "XP Home". All he gets is a black screen with the message across it
"signal cable disconnect" I have told him to check all leads to computer/monitor.Apart from that I'm at a loss,neither of us are very handy with computers. If any of you good folk can help we would be grateful.By the way it isn't an internet problem, the old blighter is too mean to go online. All he wants the computer for is to compile his extensive list of flora and fauna (mosses) and the locations where he found them. It takes all sorts I suppose.Bri

AndySD 05:29 18 Aug 2006

Yes it sounds like the Monitor cable is disconnected or the graphics card has come loose or is no longer working.

dangerusone 08:26 18 Aug 2006

AndySD
thanks for the input,I'll have to get in touch with him and find out if the problem is a loose cable or if its an internal problem,if it is internal he'll most likely whip it down to his local supplier who he bought from.I will let you know the outcome but it might be a couple of days.Many thanks Bri

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone