Sign in problums with msn, aol, and ebay

jwitt 02:18 04 Jan 2006

We just got broadband, and we have one computer hooked up to the router. But we have 2 computers hooked together with ethernet. We did this so we can both use our broadband. But for some reason why I cant log into hotmail.com, aol, or ebay with the other computer connected. I was thinkin it may be doing this becuase it cant gaurentee saftey protection over your information. When i goto log into hotmail or ebay it says server not found. I know everything is hooked up right b/c everything else works. If I disconnect the ethernet from the other computer and goto ebay to log in, it works fine. But when both computers are connected together it dont work. I cant get my msn messenger or my aim messenger to work ethier. So if there is any suggestions anyone has please let me know.

dms05 08:37 04 Jan 2006

I have my Desktops connected to seperate Ethernet connections on my Router, not daisylinked together (do you use a Crossover cable?).
If you only have one Ethernet port on your router perhaps you should connect your PC's via a Network Switch (using Patch cable) to the Router.
I think we need to know more about your equipment before we can offer exact advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?