@ sign no longer works on my sisters keyboard.

julius44 19:11 02 Jan 2010

Hello and good evening, my sister just rang me that there's a slight problem with the @ sign on her laptop for emails. She says that it has stopped working...so she cannot check her emails any longer. She has a dell inspiron 4150 laptop. R there any solutions for this to work again pls??? Urgent assistance is required as she has some important emails to check pls!!!

Technotiger 19:14 02 Jan 2010

What exactly does she mean by 'not working' is it showing a different symbol, like the " for instance?

If so, she merely needs to reset Regional & Language in Control Panel to all British/English.

Strawballs 19:16 02 Jan 2010

Has she changed anything? Is she getting " instead of @ ?

tullie 19:19 02 Jan 2010

If she is getting nothing atall go to Accessories/System Tools/Charector Map.She can then enter it using the mouse.This is for Vista.

julius44 19:30 02 Jan 2010

hello tullie her system is XP. When she preses down either of the shift keys...she gets nothing!!!! So she can no longer check her emails, cos nothinh happens when she presses the @ email sign, hence she can no longer check her emails.....so we desperately need to get this sorted.....she gets nothing.

skidzy 19:31 02 Jan 2010
  tullie 19:58 02 Jan 2010

There is probably a charecter map in XP also.Have you tried another keyboard(usb)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache