Sidewinder joystick installation

nyleridedog 10:12 21 Sep 2003

Hi guys first time i plugged this into my usb it found new hardware and installed it in sounds, game controllers in device manager.

Then i went to the dedicated game contoller icon in control panel and added it their and did the alignment etc
all ok

but one day i took it out and when i put it back it would not work, i have tried all the other usb ports (6) which are using other devices, the pc recognizes it in device man but when i add it in game contollers it says not connected.

any ideas guys

cheers

Diemmess 15:33 21 Sep 2003

I cannot give you a reasoned explanation, only suggestions.......... A few months ago I replaced my old (sound card plugged) sidewinder with a new (USB) sidewinder.

It loaded normally and has behaved itself .......
What I don't remember is making sure it was shown in the game controller window. It is, (I just checked), along with the old stick which it says properly is not connected.

Might be worth removing it from game controller and re-installing it if it isn't back there next time..... Also, even simpler, try booting up before you actually plug the stick into a USB port.

The old sidewinder developed all sorts of chip related faults, gradually losing influence until it would answer only a few controls. In fact in its last existence it was set up as a 2 axis 4 button device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?