Sidebar.exe and explorer.exe - application error

geocross 17:41 25 Mar 2007

I have recently purchased a new pc, without the operating system loaded.Having loaded microsoft vista (home premium) I hoped to sit back and enjoy the speed of the new system. It was great for the first hour or so, but within only a short while after connecting online, I started encountering problems. The system locks up and will suddenly go into shut down mode. More recently the errors shown above crop up and lock the system. I note from the PCAdvisor helpdesk that Piers Wolf had a similar problem and wonder if it is caused by a lack of spyware detection software. I tried to load Norton Internet Security but it is not compatable (Windows XP). My pc won't stay with me for long enough to resolve the problem. It can take several hours to relaunch windows and resume working. I'm writing this on my laptop which has full NOrton security - the Vista os suggested that the pc would be fully protected from all internet problems - can I assume that this is incorrect? Is there any other reason why I should be having so many problems with a brand new system?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?