Shutdowns when writing messages in OE

Newuser964 17:33 27 Apr 2003

I have both W ME and W XP, and use IE6/OE.

Recently I have frequently found OE shutting down on me whilst in the middle of replying to orcomposing messages, resulting in the appearance of the Internet Explorer Reporting Tool, which does not give me any information I can understand: and of course the message is lost, so that I'm now having to save msgs half way through as drafts - a nuisance.

Any suggestions please?

Newuser964 14:14 28 Apr 2003

Microsoft reporting tool now says M/soft think it's due to some clash w. one of their products and they are working on a fix. Anyone else had this? Still happening even though I have done Sys Restore to date before it started.

Andybear 16:07 28 Apr 2003

Yes, this is happening to me too. I now keep my word processor open and each time I type a paragraph I copy it to the WP and save it there. It's a pain but at least that way if this does happen then at least I've still got the text and can copy it back into another email. With all the automatic updates Microsoft provide, it'd be good to have one for this.

March Hare 18:00 28 Apr 2003

I don't have a solution to your shutdown problem, I'm afraid.

I don't know how you're saving, but I've got into the habit of automatically hitting Ctrl + S between every other sentence. This ensures that you can always find your mail (or most of it) in the Drafts folder.

Newuser964 19:06 29 Apr 2003

Thanks for replies. CTRL/S is some limited help. Will keep correspondence open to see how many others are getting this! Wonder if it's confined to IE/OE6 with W XP or ME?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017