Shut Down Help

killernofiller101 22:31 28 Feb 2004

Hey people thanks for trying to help me. My problem is that my computer is quite old, around 6 years. I installed Window XP Pro on it with a Window 98 on it as well (Dual Boot). I can work both of them, no problems at all. The problem is when I shut down or hibernate my computer on Window XP Pro, I have to turn it off manually when it say's 'It's safe to turn off your computer'. I am just wondering is there a way on which to makes this automatic?

VoG II 22:34 28 Feb 2004

click here and scroll down to "Powerdown issues".

Gongoozler 22:34 28 Feb 2004

This site covers a lot of the Windows shutdown problems click here

killernofiller101 23:02 28 Feb 2004

Sorry but this dont work still

wobblymike 11:57 29 Feb 2004

I had a similar problem, open up device manager select view, select show hidden devices, scroll down to NT APM Legacy support and open it double click on NT APM Legacy Interface node and then enable it.
Shut down your PC, if it shuts down all well and good if it reboots, this indicates that your PS is not configured to automatically shut down amd you will have to go back and disable NT APM Legacy support and live with it.

Hope this helps

Mike

killernofiller101 21:24 01 Mar 2004

How can I configure my PS?

woodchip 21:30 01 Mar 2004

I think you have a AT system and it will not auto power off. You have to press the off switch. As it's different to a moden ATX system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?