Shrinking photos for emailing

iscanut 10:20 23 Aug 2010

I have been using a free program called Shrinkpic but it does seem temperamental in that it does not always work. When it does, it is very useful. Can anyone recommend any other programs that can be used to quickly resize photo attachments to emails ?

Nontek 10:30 23 Aug 2010

PicaView32 will do it - Google for the old Free Version then follow the instructions in this link to complete it for the full version. It is excellent - once installed, right-click on any pic in your My Pictures then choose Send to/Mail Recipient: You will then get a small pop-up window with the option to reduce size of pic.

click here

northumbria61 10:58 23 Aug 2010

As per "nontek" above but you can do it from within windows (I use Windows 7) using the same procedure - "right-click on any pic in your My Pictures then choose Send to/Mail Recipient: You will then get a small pop-up window with the option to reduce size of pic."

iscanut 11:09 23 Aug 2010

Thanks for responses. My problem is that I do not have the "Send to Mail Recipient" on my Send To list and have forgotten how to get the option added back on. NONTEK..thanks, but have not been able to download the "old" version as all the download sites are no more !

DieSse 14:15 23 Aug 2010

click here

Try the MS Image Resizer power toy.

northumbria61 14:18 23 Aug 2010

Click Start, select Default Programs
Click Set program access and computer defaults
Click Custom, and select your mail client (for example, Windows Mail)
Click OK

howard64 14:20 23 Aug 2010

I use the free picasa 3 from google. Once your photos have been listed in the prog double click on it and an option at the bottom second from left is email. This automatically reduces the size of the pic.

onthelimit 14:22 23 Aug 2010

I too like the ease of use of Picasa for this.

Graphicool1 14:34 23 Aug 2010

You can't beat 'Pix Resizer'...
click here

iscanut 14:55 23 Aug 2010

Thank you all very much for you input. Many solutions to try and I am sure I can get to do what I want now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?