Shrinking display.

Ineke 10:35 03 Oct 2009

Hi All!
I have a problem with the display of some websites. When the site is first displayed the whole picture is there. When I click a link to go to another part, the bottom inch or so of the screen is blank. When I click again, the band gets even narrower and I have to scroll constantly to be able to see all. This also sometimes happens to one of my several Gmail addresses, while the others are okay.
It's a Toshiba laptop (still under guarantee) WiFi connection; Windows Vista Home Premium; up to date AVG paid for all singing all dancing virus programme; I also regularly run the A Square (free) deep scan. All advice welcome.

muscic lover 11:43 03 Oct 2009

just an idea, when it gets largeer is the magnifying glass icon in the lower right of the screen showing at 100% or has it a different size? It should be at 100%...... just an idea..

Ineke 12:17 03 Oct 2009

Hi Music Lover.
Thanks for taking an interest. I checked the magnifying glass and that stays a 100%.

I have just written a rather long email, from the one Gmail account that is affected and it drives me mad! I had to save it a few times, and with every click the visible part became narrower.Towards the end, I could only read a few lines without having to scroll!

Ineke 12:01 04 Oct 2009

I realised that the problem of the shrinking picture only occured on Dutch websites, I also realised the affected Gmail address sported a 'This page is in Dutch Translate' toolbar at the top.
I have now disabled this translation option and the problem is solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?