Should I upgrade Roxio 9 HOME to Roxio 10 BASIC ?

boing 22:31 07 Mar 2008

I already have ROXIO Creator 9 HOME on my PC. I see the MAY 2008 issue of PC Advisor (DVD) comes with ROXIO Easy Media 10 BASIC. Is it worth me upgrading ? Will I be gaining or losing functionality ? I cannot see any mention of the BASIC version on the ROXIO website ? I am running VISTA HOME PREMIUM.

micksmixxx 09:59 08 Mar 2008

I'm not sure whether this would affect you, seeing as you're talking about upgrading Roxio 9 to Roxio 10 BASIC, but I've tried to register version 10, from the May issue of PC Advisor magazine, only to be met with the following message:

"We're Sorry

The page you were trying to view is no longer here. We hate this as much as you do, so we'd like to offer you a coupon for 10% off your next order to make things right again. Just enter coupon code 404SAVE10 at checkout!"

Dunno whether PC Advisor have made a booboo with the hyperlink they've provided on the DVD, or whether Roxio have been inundated with people attempting to register. Maybe someone from PC Advisor could advise us on this one.

Chris the Ancient 11:16 08 Mar 2008

I'd ask a simple question...

Does your current Roxio Creator 9 Home do all the things you want it to do?

boing 11:54 08 Mar 2008

I guess 9 does give me all that I want. I reckon I'll try installing roxio 10 on another PC and see what the differences are - assuming I can register it ! Thanks for your replies.

rawprawn 12:01 08 Mar 2008

I already have Roxio Easy Media Creator Home
Version: 9.0.148 on my computer, but I have installed Roxio 10 Basic (Without uninstalling V9) so that I can take my time to look at any advantages/disadvantages.
I had no trouble at all registering.

rawprawn 12:03 08 Mar 2008

Install it and it will ask you to register, and auto connect to complete the registration.

micksmixxx 13:19 08 Mar 2008

Thank you rawprawn. It loaded and registered with absolutely no problem. I guess I was a little put off by my loading of Zoner PhotoStudio 10 Xpress from the same DVD, only to be met with a request for a serial number/registration code. I wanted to be sure that I'd got a serial number before I installed it, but the hyperlink on the DVD gives the message that I mentioned in my earlier post.

You wouldn't happen to know how to register Zoner PhotoStudio 10 would you, by any chance? It seems that when you use the hyperlink provided on the DVD it takes you to the home site, but doesn't recognise that particular program, hence, no way of registering it.

rawprawn 15:45 08 Mar 2008

Install it and it will tell you that it is a free gift from PCA and click to register (No problems)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone