Should I Update

Tony W. 12:47 16 Dec 2008

A week ago I upgraded my graphics card to a Nvidia 8800gt.The next day when using Filehippo it said there was a driver update available 178.24 which I installed.

Driver Max is a new program on my computer and recommends various driver updates. One of these is for the the graphics card driver and suggests updating to version 180.48.

Not sure whether to go ahead and update or leave things as they are any advice much appreciated.

Tony.

djbenny 12:50 16 Dec 2008

if there is no problems leave it :)

PO79 12:55 16 Dec 2008

Generally speaking djbenny would be right, However driver updates are issued for a reason, more often than not to address a particular issue encountered in a particular game, or just to improve overall frame rates. It's worth looking at the driver to see what issues it resolves. I always update to the latest version (beta's excluded) as it's such a simple procedure, and I have never encountered a problem.

Tony W. 12:56 16 Dec 2008

djbenny

Thank you.

Tony W. 12:59 16 Dec 2008

PO79

Sorry I perhaps replied to quickly to djbenny I will download the driver and have a look as you suggest.

Many thanks
Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?