Should I try and fix my laptop AC Adapter?

YinHoNg 19:03 31 Jan 2007

My laptop AC Adapter is broken. Shall I attempt to fix it or simply purchase a replacement?

My AC Adapter is for my notebook Acer Travelmate 2312LM.

It broke because someone kicked the main unit or the AC Adapter (the brick part :p). After that the charger wouldn't work.

I tried changing the fuse but it made no difference so I know its not the Power Chord. Shall I try and pry open the adapter to see if something is just loose and maybe attempt to fix it? Or as I mentioned above, would I be wiser to simple purchase a replacement?

Belatucadrus 19:13 31 Jan 2007

This is a judgement call, if you're any good with electrical components and their repair, then by all means have a look. If however your new to it then leave well alone as there's the potential to damage the laptop if you get it wrong.

SANTOS7 19:14 31 Jan 2007

In the interest of SAFETY i would buy another, if it has been compromised in some way, while leaving it connected you never know what might happen...

YinHoNg 19:23 31 Jan 2007

OK, well I know nothing about them so I'm just gonna order another one. Thank You.

spacecadet 19:29 31 Jan 2007

have a look on ebay,i recently had to get a replacement for my daughters toshiba laptop,genuine adapter for only £15 saved over £35,service was very good well worth a look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?