Should I install sp3?

hiwatt 12:25 11 Aug 2008

Hi folks,I am now being offered sp3 via automatic updates but I'm really wary of installing it because of the problems people here have experienced.Is there a valid reason FOR installing sp3 or should it be ok to do without it.Has anybody NOT bothered installing it?Thanks.

gardener 12:34 11 Aug 2008

Best thing to do would be to make an image of your disk using Acronis True Image and then install SP3. If you have any problems after the install you can revert back to your original setup with the disk image.

provider 2 12:39 11 Aug 2008

I`m still waiting for the automatic update having decided there was no great rush to install Sp 3.

There were some problems with AMD (ie non-Intel based machines) but whether or not that has been resolved now, I don`t know.

click here

click here

Ditch999 12:39 11 Aug 2008

I'm still running SP2 on all my PCs and I dont intend upgrading (lol jok) to SP3.
If it aint broke, dont try to fix it.

hiwatt 12:41 11 Aug 2008

I don't have acronis or any such program although I do really need to invest in one because I've needed it in the past.What I'm asking is,Is there any benefit to actually installing sp3 atall?Thanks.

hiwatt 12:43 11 Aug 2008

That's what I wanted to know.I don't have any problems atall with this computer running sp2 but wanted to know if there was any reason to install sp3 atall.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?