should I do this "system restore" from start menu

laptopdunce 16:27 03 Oct 2013

I am using safe mode with ntwrkg as I had a problem after installed an old Microsoft office xp programme on my vaio laptop, If I put "system restore" in the help box of start menu (in safe mode, as I cant access the start menu in normal log on) I get a page for a system restore, it shows me that the XP pro programme was the last programme I installed yesterday 02 oct. and recommended to start from this point for the system restore, so my question is: should I start the system restore from this point as I want to get uninstall the office programme that is causing the problems? if this is not the answer, how can I uninstall the programme? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Woolwell 16:30 03 Oct 2013

Starting a new thread will create confusion. Old tread: click here the system restore point immediately before installation of the program?

Is

Woolwell 16:32 03 Oct 2013

The perils of posting without javascript means that you don't get a preview of the post. After the link it should read "is the system restore point immediately before the installation of the program?"

lotvic 16:54 03 Oct 2013

Woolwell, the preview box would not have helped as it looks different again. For instance it has the full url and not 'click here' in it and the 'odd word' hasn't yet moved. I have found that if you put two spaces after your pasted url the next word doesn't get moved (wonder if it moves the space instead?)

laptopdunce 18:28 03 Oct 2013

Sorry about that, I have gone back to the question on my original posting, LAPTOPDUNCE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?