Should I Buy this?

User-361D919A-9369-49DD-BB21C57F113ABA43 18:58 22 Nov 2010

Hi, I am think about buying the Sony VAIO L14S1E/S for my son for Christmas. he will be playing Flight Simulator X and the new Microsoft Flight when it is Launched. Is this PC worth the money. he preferbaly want Sony.

click here for more Info

catpwss 19:12 22 Nov 2010

waw

Whats does that mean

c4rm0 19:20 22 Nov 2010

Not a bad PC but me personally i wouldnt pay £1800 for it. I would expect a Intel Core I5/7 processor and a better Graphics card for that money

I will be claiming the VAT back so it will only be £1398. Would handle the games he wants to play fine.

Sorry would it handle the games he wants to play?

bremner 19:26 22 Nov 2010

It will comfortably handle the games you listed.

Is it worth the money? As has been said you could easily buy a better spec machine for less money, however the one box form always means a premium price.

Would be be future proof as in terms of spec.

bremner 19:31 22 Nov 2010

If your son wants to play the latest and greatest games in the future then the graphics on this machine will quickly become unable to cope. Changing the card will, if possible, be much harder than in a standard computer tower.

For the money I would hope for an i7 but the equivalent iMac only has an i5 as well.

bremner 19:31 22 Nov 2010

If your son wants to play the latest and greatest games in the future then the graphics on this machine will quickly become unable to cope. Changing the card will, if possible, be much harder than in a standard computer tower.

For the money I would hope for an i7 but the equivalent iMac only has an i5 as well.

He isn't into gaming very much, he just plays Flight Simulator X an odd time. My other son wants Farming Simulator 2011 for Christmas. Will this PC run with good graphics or will it stutter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017