Shopping Security Problem

Wazzec 11:14 18 Sep 2006

On 19 August I placed an online order for a product using my Credit Card as payment. I received an email acknowledgement, with an invoice no, stating that the item would be dispatched within 3-5 working days.

I have not received the product and have not received a reply to my email and their telephone no. does not work.

I have contacted their security co. GeoTrust who emailed asking them to contact me. I have heard nothing.

The website is still active and my order status shows "Payment Pending".

I am not worried about the lack of delivery but am worried that my Credit Card details are now sitting on a none-functioning website.

Other than keeping an eye on my Credit Card transactions what else should I do?

ArrGee 11:17 18 Sep 2006

What site did you make the payment on?

ArrGee 11:19 18 Sep 2006

Might be worth phoning GeoTrust on 01622 764789

Jackcoms 11:19 18 Sep 2006

"my order status shows "Payment Pending"."

Have you checked with your credit card issuer? Has payment been taken or not?

Wazzec 11:57 18 Sep 2006

Thanks for your very rapid replies.

The website is click here

I have just rung GeoTrust who have put me onto "whois" and Consumer Direct. The latter are to call me back.

I have been monitoring my CC payments and nothing unauthorised has been taken out.

Jackcoms 12:03 18 Sep 2006

"nothing unauthorised has been taken out."

But has payment been taken for the item you ordered?

If not, I think that it's reasonable to assume, now that a month has passed since you ordered that you will not be receiving the item and your credit card will not be charged.

Possibly because there was a problem with your payment at the time of ordering.

Wazzec 15:29 18 Sep 2006

No the payment has not been taken from my account. I think that you are probably correct that I will not be charged. Normally, if there is a problem with your Credit Card details etc, the site contacts you to sort out what it is.

I am now taking a few more steps to contact the company involved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?