Shimmering keyboard advert

compumac 18:21 10 Dec 2010

Does anyone else on this website get continually "Page is loading" whilst displaying a shimmering keyboard that does not go away after the page must have loaded?

rawprawn 18:35 10 Dec 2010

No, well certainly not me, have you run Malwarebytes etc.
This is very well worthwhile downloading and installing. Then keep it up to date.
click here

muddypaws 18:48 10 Dec 2010

It's one of those terrible ads, not an infection.
I have managed to get rid of it using AdBlock Plus.
Other threads under differeni heading.

muddypaws 18:52 10 Dec 2010

It was this click here, but was replaced by the keyboard ad.

clock 18:58 10 Dec 2010

Evening compumac,
Yes I do keep getting the shimmering keyboard and it really annoys me!! However I just click on Skip this ad and it usually goes away, not quickly though!!
Thought it was only me!

compumac 19:08 10 Dec 2010

I click on "Skip this ad" but it does take some time to go and then clicking on another thread it is there again.

compumac 09:51 11 Dec 2010

Ran Antimalware and McAfee and I still get the "shimmering keyboard" and there are times that despite clicking on "skip this ad" it just stays there and I have to repeatedly retype the forum address to access the forum.

bremner 09:57 11 Dec 2010

You can run as many malware / anti virus applications as you like this is site advertising not an infection.

chub_tor 10:17 11 Dec 2010

I have been wondering why I don't get these advertisements that have been complained about in several threads and then I realised that some time ago I installed Simple-AdBlock click here Apparently it is working as my background for this forum is just black sidebars. Apart from a little blue e at the bottom of the screen and the message "Done, but with errors on the page" I have seen no other effects.

compumac 11:27 11 Dec 2010

bremner
I do realise that it is this particular website, but I was just replying to an earlier post where rawprawn had suggested an antimalware scan, and my reply was only to indicate that I had done that and at the time no-one else that I am aware of had referred to the problem.

compumac 11:50 11 Dec 2010

I now also realise that this particular advertising problem has been existence for some time albeit for another product. I find however that with this latest incarnation that no matter how many times I click on "Skip this ad" it stays on the screen and does not allow me to return to the forum. As I stated previously I have to start from scratch to access the forum again. I do appreciate that advertising does pay towards/for the forum but this particular one is driving me away from it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone