Sharing Photos

Yimbo 19:04 02 Sep 2010

I want to give some photos, currently on my PC, to a friend = so that he can use them in a DVD he's making. What's the best way to do this - Email or putting them on a CD. If the latter, how do I do this please?

MAJ 19:07 02 Sep 2010

Either way is fine, so long as he has an email address, just attach them to an email.

MAJ 19:09 02 Sep 2010

Or you could copy them to a USB pen drive and send that to him.

john bunyan 19:19 02 Sep 2010

If the photos are for viewing on screen only, a resolution of 72dpi is fine and the files will be quite small. However if you want to print them they are best at 300dpi and an A4 would be quite big so a number sent by e mail together would take a long time.If making a CD you need a bit of software to burn a Data CD .Make a folder and copy the pix you want into it, (making sure it does not exceed the cd capacity). Then burn the cd . I use Roxio Creator 2010, but there are free burning programmes , I think.

FRANKMAC 19:20 02 Sep 2010

Many ways of doing this, email may take a time if the file sizes are large and there are lots of them, thou you can reduce the file size when emailing them, but this would reduce the quality. Burning them to CD is reasonably easy but this depends on the software you have, it can be done with Windows Media player quite easily, select the photos you want, and hit the burn buttom.

mac

john bunyan 19:21 02 Sep 2010

See here for example: (Google for others)

click here

Yimbo 19:34 02 Sep 2010

You've given me lots of ideas to pore over - and I'll enjoy trying them out! I'm really grateful for your responses and advice! It seems I'm never disappointed! This MUST be the BEST forum around!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017