Sharing Outlook across home network

Qdiddy 16:39 27 Sep 2005

I want to access my emails across my home network using Outlook 2000, but I'm not sure how to do this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

recap 17:38 27 Sep 2005

I dont know if this is of any help? click here

barney1234568910 21:27 27 Sep 2005

you could try and share the outlook.pst file. Although you will need to leave the 'main machine' on. To do this:

1. click on C:\ drive, documents and settings, (your user account),

2. Make all hidden files and folders seen - tools, folder options, view, 'show all hidden files and folders', ok

3. click on. Local settings, application data, microsoft, 'outlook'you need to share this file.

4. On the other machine in outlook go to file, outlook data file, and find the shared file in my network places, open this and select the outlook.pst file,

You will need to repeat step 4 for each of the machines

I hope i have explained this ok

Qdiddy 20:35 28 Sep 2005

Thanks for both ideas. I might have a go at both and see which works best.

mgmcc 21:08 28 Sep 2005

Another option is to use synchronisation software to keep the two copies of Outlook (the .PST files) in step.

Have a look at Allway Sync - click here - it is free for "moderate personal use". Just be aware that when it considers you have exceeded "moderate personal use", it suggests you pay for the "Pro" version and if you continue to use it, it eventually stops working until your use over the last 30 days falls back to the "moderate personal use" level. A bit cheeky, but a very useful application for sync'ing files over a network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?