Sharing games on a home network?

Legolas 21:23 06 Feb 2003

How do I share games on a home network and I am running XP on the host machine and I get asked for a password after I have booted up but before I get to the desktop this has only started happening since I set up the network any ideas on how to prevent this and one more question I can connect to the Internet on the client machine through the host machine which has the modem but how do I disconnect from the Internet from the client machine?

Legolas 23:07 06 Feb 2003

refresh

Legolas 08:58 07 Feb 2003

refresh

jazzypop 10:25 07 Feb 2003

By 'share games', do you mean play a game on the home network (LAN), or play an Internet game from either PC?

How is your home network set up?

Legolas 14:27 07 Feb 2003

hi jazzypop I have my network set up with XP on the host machine and 98 on the client using a crossover cable. I want to share games over the home network can I share the cd-rom and any disks in XP with the machine running 98

L.H.F 14:30 07 Feb 2003

u need two disks for each machine. try disconnecting ur network for de password prob, i still does it then i dunno

L.H.F 14:30 07 Feb 2003

u need two disks, one for each machine. try disconnecting ur network for de password prob, i still does it then i dunno

armageddon_outta_here 16:44 07 Feb 2003

For some games you need 2 disks, especially if you wish to play across the internet. But for playing across a home network you may find that you can play with one disk. I think it is called a spawned version. Try this.
Game is installed on both machines. Game is then launched in machine with with disk. Disk is removed and put into machine 2 and laucnhed. Game is then started in both machines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?