Sharing files and folders

terryf 02:47 25 May 2007

I have xp home and vista computers connected over a wired router network. I can see the xp machine files and folders from vista but cannot see vista from xp ('Access denied etc.) I have set up permissions on the vista pc to everybody but no joy. Any suggestions please. The pc machine sees the correct vista folder mapping address i.e \\pc2\C

STREETWORK 06:24 25 May 2007

right click on the files/folders and select properties and then sharing, select the option to share with others...

terryf 08:26 25 May 2007

Sorry STREETWORK, been there, done that, 'got the T-shirt'. I have done all the recommended things in vista help but to no avail. Hoping that some-one has had a similar problem and can come up with the magic formula. vista has no problem with network discovery and says that the files are shared. As you know, vista has a window callled the 'Network and sharing center' where you can view a list of shared files and folders. The ones that I want to share are there.

marsman 09:13 25 May 2007

Are you running anti virus or something like Nortons internet security, if you are try disabling them on both temporary and see if you can see each other then. If you, can you need to add the IP address as a trusted one.

terryf 10:08 25 May 2007

Running AVG and Spy Sweeper, Windows firewall disabled on both, using hardware router firewall to internet

terryf 14:23 29 May 2007

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone