sharing broadband

MERKY 21:00 20 Jun 2008

I have 2 pc's both running xp pro,one has a broadband connection through a belkin wireless g router & the other one is connected with a belkin wireless adapter,how can i share the broadband connection ,how do i set it up ?.

dawood 15:07 23 Jun 2008

Take a look on this wireless network setup tutorial click here to help you..

mikesuther 09:30 04 Jul 2008

Am i correct to assume that the one computer is connected to the router via a LAN cable and as for the other computer you have a wireless adapter?

If this is the case it is a fairly easy task to connect to the internet. You do not say if you share files between the computers. the first thing to do on the wireless machine is to connect it to the router. If you double click on the wireless icon in the bottom right box that will show what networks are in the locality. That being said you should see your router, if you have not already done so the name will be Belkin. Now if you have set up security on the router you will need the code that was used to setup the original computer, if you have no security the computer should just connect and you can share files and internet connection. please can you answer if you have security enabled on the router and if so if you have file and printer sharing setup also. If i can be of any further help i will try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone