Sharing 2 PC's -- Setting up and sharing

driving man 17:20 20 Jan 2006

I have a wireless network covering a desk top ( main PC ) and a lap top. Does anyone have a step by step easy guide so that I can share all programs, files and printers _ lexmark 1180, Epson 760 and samsung laser ML 1210

Thalmus 17:25 20 Jan 2006

For sharing your printers, open printers in the start menu of the computer that the printers are connected to, then right clicking the printers you want to share, got othe sharing tab and click share this printer.

Same thing for the files, right click the folders you want share and click the sharing tab and select share this folder

As for sharing programns this is not possible unless you use a program like VNC

driving man 17:42 20 Jan 2006

That has worked ok for th e eson and samsung ( both show the changed icon ( holding a tube -as I see it ) but not for the lexmark Am tearing my hair out over this (lucky I still have plenty ) as I need the L/Marks scanner function. Have even put it into trusted zone in Zone Alarm --So What am I not doing

mgmcc 18:58 20 Jan 2006

<<< Am tearing my hair out over this (lucky I still have plenty ) as I need the L/Marks scanner function. >>>

While "Microsoft File and Printer Sharing" supports the use of shared printers over a network, it DOESN'T support SCANNERS. Although you should still be able to use it as a shrared network printer, scanning and copying features will only be available from the computer it is actually connected to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?