Shared Folder Permissions

esl_webber 10:23 14 Jan 2005

Dear All,
I am working on a microsoft small business server and have a user drive that holds all shared files, I am keen on having some of the folders protected for access by only certain users.
I have looked up in help and it tells me about setting up secure group, but then if i allow permission for this group and the same users are in the main users group which has a deny permission the deny permission takes precedence.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks
Emily

mattyc_92 10:46 14 Jan 2005

don't create a "deny" permission.... If you don't want a user or a group of users to delete something or access something leave it blank (don't add the user/user group or if you doin't want them to delete something... Leave the deny permission blank and also the permit permission blank and they wont be able to delete the file/foler!!!)... If you need more help on this, I can send you a screen-shot of how I have used the permissions and explain in more detail!!

Just e-mail me if you want the screen-shot!!!

esl_webber 10:57 14 Jan 2005

matty,
it won't let me untick allow when it comes to the users group which includes everyone. A screen shot would be great to emily at thehubuk.com.
thanks

mattyc_92 10:59 14 Jan 2005

What are you trying to change e.g permissions for a file, folder or Drive when you get this problem???

mattyc_92 11:01 14 Jan 2005

Also DON'T display your e-mail address (you don't know how may be reading it).... You could get loads of spam e-mail or other people e-mailing you for the sake of it!!!!

You can click onto the little letter icon at the side of a user's name to e-mail them!!!

Remember this in the future for you in-box's sake!!!!

mattyc_92 12:58 14 Jan 2005

For the record, I have helped esl_webber with this problem through e-mail and esl_webber has relyed that the problem is reloved!!!

esl_webber 13:41 14 Jan 2005

Thanks mattyc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?