Shared folder issue

ACOLYTE 10:58 21 Feb 2007

Ok i have set up a network with 3 pc's,i have the host pc connected via router to the net,the second pc is connected to the router to share the conn,in this state i can see that pc's shared folder and that pc can see mine.

When i add another pc to the 2nd pc via crossover cable and set up so the 3rd pc can use the conn i lose the shared folder from the 2nd pc and that loses mine too,the second pc can see the 3rd pc's shared folder and the host pc cant see any.

so what am i doing wrong?

Eric10 13:34 21 Feb 2007

Is there some reson why you can't connect the third PC to the router? Does the second PC have two network cards; one to connect to the router and one to the third PC?

ACOLYTE 01:02 22 Feb 2007

The reason i didnt connect the 3rd pc to the router is i dont have a cable to do that,i have a crossover cable so connected it this way.
Yes the 2nd pc has 2 LAN cards one connected to the router and 1 to the 3rd pc.
The setup works all the pc's can use the same conn
but i lose the shared folders with this set up.
I know it would be easier to connect the 3rd pc to the router and i am planning on doing this when i get another cable but for now i wont to try and get the shared folders working lol.

Its kind of a challenge and i wont let it beat me).

ACOLYTE 12:39 24 Feb 2007

Well i cant seem to fahtom this out,i have tried everything i can think off,at best i can get to see 1 pc at a time not both,im sure its a setting somwhere but im not that up on networking so im lost(.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?