Shared Calendars in Outlook

The Potter 12:39 28 Mar 2007

I have a new manager and in her old work place her and her colleagues could view each others calenders in Outlook - thus making the setting up of meetings more efficient.

She would like to be able to do that here. I contacted our IT chap and he came back to me with a software package - this is not what we want!

Is this something I could set up? We run a windows server and it would need to be used by at least 7 people. All machines are running xp.

Any advice or guidance would be very much appreciated.

TP

VoG II 12:53 28 Mar 2007

You might find something if you click here

The Potter 14:20 28 Mar 2007

Thanks VoG, that looks like it will do the trick; I just have a couple of questions to get me through the process.

How do I set access permissions for the calendar and how do I create a system folder? I guess this last part is very important as it won't let me drag the shortcut of the shared file into outlook.

The Potter 14:56 28 Mar 2007

Well I've managed to get the shortcut into Outlook - I was trying to add it to the folder list and not the outlook bar.

I guess I still need to add access permissions because when I click on someone elses calendar I get the following message:

"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Could not open the item. Try again."

I orginally thought this might be because some peoples docs are on different drives but I tried it with someone whose docs are the same drive as me and I get the same problem. Maybe the part of saving as a system file has something to do with it?

The Potter 16:11 28 Mar 2007

Hi VoG, please don't bother to reply - I've just worked out we don't have MS exchange. I've looked at the other options and none of them are cheap so I think we'll just have to do without.

Thanks anyway.

TP

VoG II 16:25 28 Mar 2007

No problem - I had to go out and am just catching up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017