SFC in win95 ??

thisisnighthawk 22:30 12 Feb 2004

hi, is there a system file checker in win95, or anything like it..the reason i ask is, that on my grandaughters PC there are some DLL files missing, tonight i have found them and downloaded them onto a floppy disk, to take over there, so could someone explain how i get them into where they have got to go, with my PC i run SFC and it asked for the ones missing, but i am not sure about her PC..

thanks

woodchip 22:35 12 Feb 2004

NO there is no SFC in 95

thisisnighthawk 22:37 12 Feb 2004

woodchip, oh well, thats that..just got to sort out how to put them in....thanks

VoG II 22:38 12 Feb 2004

As woodchip says, no.

What are the names of the files?

They probably belong in C:\windows\system

thisisnighthawk 22:41 12 Feb 2004

hi, they are MSIMG32 DLL and WS2_32DLL.

woodchip 22:41 12 Feb 2004

PS dll files normaly go into the Windows \System folder. So start the comp with the windows startup floppy disc, then take the disc out and put the floppy disk with the Dll files on it and type as follows at A:\> it will look like this.

A:\>copy A:\*.* C:\Windows\System "Please note the Space before A:\ and C:\ then press enter" Now remove disc and restart computer

thisisnighthawk 22:46 12 Feb 2004

Thank you for that, i will be over there at the weekend.. report back after...

woodchip 22:53 12 Feb 2004

Also if you download PowerDesk from click here It will unzip files and zip them also you can double click on a windows CAB file on the win95 CD-ROM and it will let you look inside the CAB at all the files and it will extract them for you to a folder you choose. It's very easy to use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?