sfc /scannow problems

chippy+ 13:52 07 Dec 2007

Hi I am trying to get sfc to scan but I keep getting told it is the wrong disc, it is a legal copy I have 2, xphome oem without sp2 and full copy of xphome with sp2 which i am useing the cd works in the xphome /sp2 but wont work on the oem which has worked many times before, the cd and dvd on the pc are working ok any ideas Chippy

keef66 14:07 07 Dec 2007

I have oem XP disk and SP2 disk, and running sfc I have only ever needed the first one

chippy+ 14:25 07 Dec 2007

Hi keef66
thanks for the reply it is the full disc i have always used as the oem dose not have sp2 i have never had any trouble in the past it just happened this morning i have a full acronis backup
but would liked to have sfc working Cheers Chippy

johndrew 14:50 07 Dec 2007

Does this help? click here I had a problem where sfc /scannow was giving me problems and I found the location details in the registry were wrong. If you follow this to the letter it should work.

chippy+ 15:23 07 Dec 2007

hi johndrew
just great took about 10 secs thanks your a star
Chippy

Stuartli 18:27 07 Dec 2007

As you appear to have a CD and a DVD optical drive on your system, you should make sure you are using the D drive (if one is a rewriter it will be D).

It's easy to forget that a ROM drive will be the E drive...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?