Sex World

redshift300 14:02 24 Aug 2007

The son of a friend of mine has been on a dubious site and since then every time the computer is started a message comes up 'Your MBS bill, secure micro sys billing.com' it asks for £39.99 as 'Sex world subscription gold'.
Also his microsoft office has seased to work, freezing the computer, this might be caused by the virus. there also seems to be some sort of timer which is getting longer with each start up. The operating system is XP. I recently rebuilt this computer for him as there were so many viruses on it which had done a lot of damage. Can anyone help me get rid of this virus? as I would rather not have to rebuild the computer again. I asked him to switch off RESTORE thinking the virus might be hideing there, but this did not work. Spybot can find it and remove it but it comes back again.
Also can anyone suggest a good parental control software program.
Many thanks in advance
Tom

VoG II 14:04 24 Aug 2007
  pj123 14:59 24 Aug 2007

This is not a virus.

The son of your friend has actually agreed to take out a subscription.

I think you need to read some of these previous threads.

click here

click here

click here

Lots of others, just type mbs into the search box to see them all.

spuds 16:54 24 Aug 2007

This is becoming a thorn in peoples sides, and the internet is loaded with advice and remarks about this programme and MBS. The above posts will/should help.

mfletch 17:36 24 Aug 2007

You can take your pic on removal options!

I always suggest this one.

click here

mfletch

redshift300 19:01 24 Aug 2007

Thanks everyone for your help.
After posting my request I found one of the discussion sites and am going to try the solution by fhiufhyrefyer, if that fails I will just format the HD and reload Windows (no big deal), that should do the trick. Many thanks again

Technotiger 19:08 24 Aug 2007

Have a look here, courtesy of Google ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?