SETUP.EXE & Scanning of computer.

donald59 12:52 27 Jul 2007

I recentl had my system scanned by a website offering drivers for my various programmes. I find that I require about 11 of these. However, two of them have suggested that setup.exe must be run first before these two programme be installed. I don't know what setup.exe is. Can someone help me locate this, and if it is not already on my system, can you tell me howI go about loading onto my computer so that hopefully I can complete the installation of the driver processes. Thanks.

alan2273 14:34 27 Jul 2007

setup.exe is a setup application for many programs. Whilst a piece of software is installing this process will appear. It should not be terminated unless it has crashed for a considerable amount of time.

Setup.exe is contained within the program and is clicked on to start the application.

Hope this explains it to you.

If you have downloaded these two programs to your desktop then right click on them and look for setup.exe and left click it to start the install.

donald59 17:44 27 Jul 2007

I have done as you have advised. but it does not help solve the problem.

alan2273 18:08 27 Jul 2007

Have you downloaded them to your desktop, if so right click the icon, left click explore, then you will see all the files and setup.exe will be among them.

crosstrainer 18:13 27 Jul 2007

Setup exe advisor, then it's not genuine. Do not install it, or if you have download and run this:

click here

And also this:

click here

Run both of these, and allow cleaning to take place.

Have you any anti-virus software installed?

Technotiger 18:21 27 Jul 2007

Never trust on-line scans, unless they are from well known and trusted sites such as Crucial, which does memory scans at the users request.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017