Setup ini

desperate1950 19:46 09 Feb 2007

when I insert battlefield 2142 disc to install it I get a message which states:Coudn,t find setup ini: have you any ideas friends

Desperate dan

Diodorus Siculus 19:49 09 Feb 2007

Could be a damaged disk maybe.

Try copying all the contents of the disk to the hard drive of the PC and see if you can run the setup routine from there.

desperate1950 20:09 09 Feb 2007

thanks for the reply I have now installed it to the hard drive but now it gives me the message please ensure battlefield 2142 install disc is in the drive which it is, all my other games play away fine.

Diodorus Siculus 20:10 09 Feb 2007

One last thing - try making a copy of the disk; Nero is good at "fixing" damaged disks.

ACOLYTE 01:47 10 Feb 2007

It may be that the setup.ini file is empty,you should be able to open it in notepad and see what it says inside it may only say somthing like D/setup or somthing, try changing the D to your drive letter,before you alter it make a copy so you can replace it after if it goes pearshaped.
You can run some games from the HD this way altering the setup to point to the HD not the cd,it doesnt work on all games but on some it does.

HTH

desperate1950 12:59 10 Feb 2007

thanks acolyte I am now in a diolog with ea games concerning this problem with now luck so far I certainly would not recommend this product to anyone.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?