Setting up virtual system in Win7

Blackadderthe4th 13:04 28 Feb 2010

Has anybody and any experience with this

click here

I claims that you can us XP software using win7 home by creating a virtual computer for free! It could be an option for me because I’ve just upgraded to win7 and have favourite software I want to run. And I will be a bit nervous as I’ve just upgraded and win7 is a new country as yet. Or should I upgrade Win7 were using XP is “native”?

northumbria61 14:01 28 Feb 2010

Go to Microsoft.com and search downloads for Virtual PC.

northumbria61 14:06 28 Feb 2010

I should have said Virtual PC is availabe to download for ALL versions of Windows 7 but to use in XP Mode you must have Windows 7 Professional and above.

click here

Blackadderthe4th 14:23 28 Feb 2010

A bit confused, I thought that was the point I was making!

"I'm sorry, but Windows Virtual PC is only available for the Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise editions. You can use other virtual programs like VMware instead though"

northumbria61 16:00 28 Feb 2010

If you are wanting to run older software which won't run in Windows 7 then Virtual PC is available but to run Virtual PC/ XP Mode you must have Win 7 Pro and above

northumbria61 16:03 28 Feb 2010

Sorry - I appear to have misread your first post - I thought it was Windows 7 Home Premium you had.

northumbria61 16:07 28 Feb 2010

click here

Unless this is what you are referring and wish to download/use ?

Blackadderthe4th 16:20 28 Feb 2010

"Unless this is what you are referring and wish to download/use ?" I'm really getting confused now! Nurse I need some more bills. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017