Setting up virtual system in Win7

Blackadderthe4th 13:04 28 Feb 2010

Has anybody and any experience with this

click here

I claims that you can us XP software using win7 home by creating a virtual computer for free! It could be an option for me because I’ve just upgraded to win7 and have favourite software I want to run. And I will be a bit nervous as I’ve just upgraded and win7 is a new country as yet. Or should I upgrade Win7 were using XP is “native”?

northumbria61 14:01 28 Feb 2010

Go to Microsoft.com and search downloads for Virtual PC.

northumbria61 14:06 28 Feb 2010

I should have said Virtual PC is availabe to download for ALL versions of Windows 7 but to use in XP Mode you must have Windows 7 Professional and above.

click here

Blackadderthe4th 14:23 28 Feb 2010

A bit confused, I thought that was the point I was making!

"I'm sorry, but Windows Virtual PC is only available for the Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise editions. You can use other virtual programs like VMware instead though"

northumbria61 16:00 28 Feb 2010

If you are wanting to run older software which won't run in Windows 7 then Virtual PC is available but to run Virtual PC/ XP Mode you must have Win 7 Pro and above

northumbria61 16:03 28 Feb 2010

Sorry - I appear to have misread your first post - I thought it was Windows 7 Home Premium you had.

northumbria61 16:07 28 Feb 2010

click here

Unless this is what you are referring and wish to download/use ?

Blackadderthe4th 16:20 28 Feb 2010

"Unless this is what you are referring and wish to download/use ?" I'm really getting confused now! Nurse I need some more bills. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?