Setting up Virgin with Windows Mail

hugzey 13:21 25 Apr 2008

Hi, I've just got Virgin Media a few days ago and I'm using Vista. My email adress ends with blueyonder.co.uk

I'm having problems with setting up my Virgin account on Windows Mail. I have followed the intrsuctions on this page click here
When I click Finish it comes up with a "confirm username and password" window.

I put the Virgin welcome pack Internet Username and Internet Password in, but the same box just comes up again blank every time I try and enter it. It doesn't let me make the account on Windows Mail because it says "Error - unknown or invalid username". I have tried a few times to make sure I have typed everything correctly.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help, thanks.

Stuartli 13:27 25 Apr 2008

That thread title could be taken one or two ways at least...:-)

Sorry, not familiar with your ISP or e-mail program so can't help in this instance.

jaritch 13:45 25 Apr 2008

Have you tried using it on their webmail via the virginmedia homepage. At least if it works there you know it is a valid username etc. Once you get it going you go into "selfcare" section in their customer zone and give yourself a usable name and password.

hugzey 20:44 26 Apr 2008

Thanks for answering, I managed to solve the problem. For some reason I had to change the password from the one I was given, even though it didn't say to anywhere...weird. Oh well, at least it's solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?