Setting up a second email account

Salut 12:38 01 Dec 2008

For personal reasons I am considering setting up a new web based email account.

I understand that the process is straightforward, however, I would like to continue to use Outlook express to both receive and create emails.

I am really not sure how to go about this. Any guidance would be of help.

Stuartli 12:47 01 Dec 2008

After you have decided on your web-based e-mail source, obtain the server's POP3 and SMTP details.

Then, in OE, go to Tools>Accounts>Add button.

You then set up the web e-mail account with your user name, password and the POP3 and SMTP configuration in the Server tab section.]

Now open the Connection tab account and ensure, from the drop down menu, that "Always Connect Using This:" lists your ISP or LAN.

Switcher 12:50 01 Dec 2008

When using O.E. to send and receive emails use TOOLS>Accounts>add and when entering Server details SMTP details must be same as ISP used to send emails eg mail.btinternet.com while POP3 details are those applicable to new email address

Stuartli 16:11 01 Dec 2008

To Receive e-mails from a second (or more) account, the POP3 and SMTP details should be as I stated.

If you wish to Reply To or Forward an e-mail from other than your ISP's e-mail account, you have to use the From drop down menu in the Message panel to select your ISP's e-mail address.

Otherwise it will not be sent.

I have several e-mail accounts and all are individually configured as I mentioned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?