Setting up a scsi.system {part2}

crazy diamond 00:55 05 Oct 2005

Hi guys,
A few weeks ago you helped me {with great success}to set up the scsi hdd's in my newly aquired part built server unit.Well,all the jumpers were set,drives {3 of 'em}screwed in etc and everything was found,with no yellow symbols,in the Device Manager.However,what I need to do now is install my windows m.e software so that they show up as active drives in My Computer and I can start using them.Bearing in mind it's the ide side of my server that I operate with,the scsi drives will only be for storage and back-up.
This is where you chaps can really shine! How do I get the o/s loaded onto the drives and what do I have to type at the various prompts that will no doubt crop up.So that when I hit Enter, all I get is a flurry of activity and not have my computer stan under my desk, sticking two fingers up at me.?
I hope this makes sense and that you can sort it out for me.
Many thanks,

C.D.

jimv7 10:28 05 Oct 2005

To boot from ide, enter the bios and set the boot options, unless its a scsi mobo it will default to ide, set it to 1st boot from cdrom, 2nd boot from ide hard drive, insert the me cd and restart the puter.

If you wish to boot from scsi, disconnect the ide drive enter the bios and set hard drive to boot from scsi, also during boot up enter the scsi bios and set the boot option to the drive number you wish to boot from by pressing control/A when it asks. Reboot the puter with win me in the cdrom drive.

The obvious error would be if you have not formatted the scsi drives in fat32 and they are formatted in ntfs, the boot options with win me would not see the drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?