setting a restore point xp home

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:13 04 Mar 2004

How can i manually set a restore point in xp home
i opened up the system restore option but there is no option to make a restore point just a calender with restore point on it.

Regards.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:18 04 Mar 2004

Open system restore-select 'create a restore point'-type a memorable description-click 'create', or am I missing something ;-))

G

Bapou 20:23 04 Mar 2004

Start>Accessories>System Tools> System Restore.

Choose 'Create A Restore Point'

As GANDALF <|:-)> says 'Choose a Memorable Name'such as 'My Restore 4.3.04'

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:25 04 Mar 2004

I have opened sytem restore but there is no create a restore point option there.I just get a calender to chose what time to restore back to.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:27 04 Mar 2004

HMM, i was doing it wrong i was going to msconfig and selecting it there,sorry my mistake.

Reagds.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:28 04 Mar 2004

Right i have found that does it do both of my hdd or just the system 1?

Mikè 20:35 04 Mar 2004

If you right click my computer and goto properties/system restore you can setup your restore preferences. I prefer to have it disabled on all but my C: Partition.

Bapou 20:38 04 Mar 2004

Assuming C is your primary drive for OS then System Restore applies to this. Restores everything on the drive at the time created.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 00:27 05 Mar 2004

Is it possible to make a restore point seperate for both drives system 1 and other at different times ,so if i have to reinstall i dont have to reinstall for the other drive as well.I can go to my comp/properties and restore but it only lets me turn it off/on or set the amount of disk space allocated to it.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires