Setting up Outlook to use stationery & signature

xania 14:40 23 Mar 2007

Windows is XP Pro and Office is 2003 SP2. Although I am working on the network, I am only affecting my own PC at present, so I don't have a network problem (YET!!).

I am setting up the new Outlook system and need to arrange for a both a corporate footer which all emails will use, and an individal signature, which will be differnt for each person on the system.

I have designed my signature, which is Black Arial 10, except for the e-mail address, which is Black Arial 10 underlined. I have also designed a basic corporate footer which is Black Arial 10, set the background colour to white

I can set up each to work well in isolation, but, when I run both together, I find that the stationery amends the signature in 2 very unfortunate ways:

1. It inserts an extra line between each line of the signature

2. It changes the colour so that, apart from the e-mail address all the rest is a very pale yellow which appears almost the colour of the background.

I have tried using background turned on and turned off in the stationery, without any joy.

Any ideas about how I might overcome this problem, or any suggestions about how how I might better set this up?

I want to avoid having to set up a single signature covering both on every PC, especailly as most will want their own style of signature, but we want the footer to be standard for all.

Manythanks

recap 15:34 23 Mar 2007

I would try the signature without the underline format as an email address would automatically create this underline.

Also try the background colour with the default colour.

xania 16:28 23 Mar 2007

Sorry, I meant that the underlining was automatic - not thta I had set it that way. Also, I now realise that the font colour is being reset to white except for that email address line. This is becuase I can now also see that anything I write into the email is coming out the same way as the rest of the signature. So, somehow, the combination is amending the font colour to white - the same colour as the page. I suppose we could get round this by having a differnt colour paper, but this would not meet our professional image, so I still need to find a way to stop the font colour changing. And there's also those additional lines in the signature.

Many thnaks for your effort though.

xania 11:46 25 Mar 2007

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone