Setting up a new system

Buchan 35 21:18 16 Apr 2005

My mate has a problem getting any anti-virus and anti spyware. He`s not yet on the `net. I`m seeing him tomorrow to help him get on the `net but he would like to have some of the AV and anti spyware first. It may be that he`ll have to because I don`t think he`s got a modem. Can I download a few of the popular free programmes to a CD and instal them on his PC before he goes on the `net? I need to know how to do so. B

Night Ryder 21:23 16 Apr 2005

Search for these. "Ad-aware" and "SpywareBlaster". Save these somewhere on your hard drive then burn them to a CD.

great1 21:29 16 Apr 2005

click here

Try this free anti-spyware from microsoft

if you have some of the pc advisor cover discs look for the avg anti-virus program

G1

happy dragon 21:31 16 Apr 2005

if he has no modem how is he going to get on the net?

great1 21:38 16 Apr 2005

"Can I download a few of the popular free programmes to a CD and instal them on his PC before he goes on the `net? I need to know how to do so. B "

I can only surmise that Buchan35 will install a modem for him at a later date

G1

Buchan 35 21:40 16 Apr 2005

happy my friend, I`ll sort that out.Night Rider and great 1 thanks for the quick replies. I`ve already got Avast 4, Spybot [email protected], AdAware, SE cCleaner & Microsoft A/S on my PC so all I`ve got to do is find a way to download to a CD. I`m a novice in training, how do I do it??? Thanks

great1 21:45 16 Apr 2005

If you download the microsoft anti-spyware prog.

select save rather than RUN then you can burn it to cd
or if you want email me and i will send it to you in an attachment, although make sure your email prog. will let you download messages with attachments

Technotiger 21:53 16 Apr 2005

Hi Mate - better if you have a copy of PCA May 2005. All you need on CD coverdisk.

Cheers.

Buchan 35 22:12 16 Apr 2005

Hello mate , I gave it away to a lad who wanted something on it. Never mind, I`d rather get him on the internet and then download but he`s as paranoid as me.

Technotiger 22:15 16 Apr 2005

Understood - but I always think it is better, if possible, to get the protection off-line (ie from CD's) before going on-line - even if the stuff needs updating once on-line. If you would like CD's let me know.

Cheers.

Technotiger 22:16 16 Apr 2005

Just noticed - you are seeing him tomorrow - hmmmm don't think Post Office are that quick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?