setting up a new pc

benolly 14:46 15 Aug 2007

after reading this months issue of pc advisor i took the plunge & ordered the mesh elite quad express now im getting a bit nervous as to how hard it will be to set up. my knowledge of computing is virtually zero do u guys think i need to pay some one to do it or is it a relativly painless process

wee eddie 14:54 15 Aug 2007

You may have have free software included ~ Consider hard before you activate them.

When you first go on-line. Your first port of call should be the site of your chosen Anti-Virus Company and then put a Fire wall in place.

But if you read the Manual and then follow the instructions, even though some of them are Time consuming and boring, you should not any serious problems.

HCOOH 17:36 15 Aug 2007

With Mesh you usually get a large poster sized quick set up glossy which identifies the holes and explains which plug goes in what hole. When you first boot up there will be a load of stuff for you to fill in but it's not too bad, just so the computer has a few basic settings, mainly regional settings so it can put the clock right and work in the correct language, stuff like that. There will also be a Windows key for you to put in, this used to be stuck to the case as a small sticker, probably still will be, anyway you will have it to hand.
Don't worry and Good luck

benolly 22:17 15 Aug 2007

tyvm 4 advice guys, will probably give it a go then

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?